- Pope Francis' prayer intentions for April Vatican Information Service. 03/30/13:
The Pope's general prayer intention for April is: "That the public, prayerful celebration of faith may give life to the faithful."
His mission intention is: "That mission churches may be signs and instruments of hope and resurrection.”
- Easter at the Vatican, by Edward Pentin. National Catholic Register 04/01/13. "In the simple pastoral style of a parish priest, Pope Francis led the Vatican’s Easter celebrations, offering clear and accessible teachings in both word and action that principally instructed the faithful on how to draw near to the risen Christ."
- Pope Francis Still Has Most of His Right Lung Associated Press. 04/01/13. Despite erroneous reports that Pope Francis has lived most of his life with just one lung, the surgery actually only removed the upper part of his right lung, and his friends and family say he remains in good health for a 76-year-old man.
- Pope Francis tours excavated area near St. Peter's tomb, by Cindy Wooden. Catholic News Service. 04/01/13. "Pope Francis became the first pope to tour the excavated necropolis where St. Peter is buried."
- Pope Francis’ Ideas of What Is at the Heart of the Church, by Alejandro Bermudez. National Catholic Reporter 04/01/13. "The centrality of the human heart modeled according to the heart of Jesus has not only been an issue frequently mentioned by Pope Francis in these first weeks of his papacy. It has also been at the heart (pun intended) of his message."
- Pope Francis and the Shroud of Turin, by John Allen Jr. National Catholic Reporter 04/01/13.