- Photo Montage of Pope Francis's Inaugural Mass, by Edward Pentin. National Catholic Register 03/19/13.
- Pope's Surprise Phone Call to Plaza de Mayo Vatican Information Service. 03/19/13. "Thousands of people who spent a sleepless night in the main square of Buenos Aires, Plaza de Mayo had a pleasant surprise. At 7:32am Rome time—that is, 3:32am in Argentina—the speakers placed outside the cathedral in the square began to carry the voice of Pope Francis. He was calling, from the Vatican, to greet them."
- Pope Francis' Ring Vatican Information Service. 03/19/13. This is the history of the Fisherman’s Ring that, beginning today, Pope Francis will wear on the ring finger of his right hand.
- Old pope, new pope have a chat, by John Allen Jr. National Catholic Reporter 03/19/13.
- Pope Francis supports zero tolerance of child abuse, by Thomas Reese. National Catholic Reporter 03/19/13.
- Pope begins ministry with biblical symbols, signs of universal ministry, by Cindy Wooden. Catholic News Servoce 03/19/13.
- Pilgrims rise early to get spot to welcome Pope Francis, by Carol Zimmerman. Catholic News Service. 03/19/13.
- Rock bands, vendors, big screens, prayer: Buenos Aires celebrates pope, by David Agren. Catholic News Service. 03/19/13.
- Pope Francis Will Attend World Youth Day, Officials Confirm National Catholic Register 03/19/13.
- Challenges to vision of a 'Poor Church for the Poor', by John Allen Jr. National Catholic Reporter 03/19/13.
In a rapidly changing world, the Vatican remains a bulwark of time-tested tradition. Yet in the course of a week, a little-known Argentinian has been elected as the Pope, delighting the world with his fresh focus and spontaneous gestures. As the Church celebrates today's inauguration Mass, can we expect more surprises to come? Host Kris Dmytrenko asks Jesuit Father Gilles Mongeau and Marlena Lougheed what the future holds for Pope Francis. -- Salt and Light TV.